The behavior of the URL Content Redirection feature might have certain unexpected results.
- If the URL opens a country-specific page based on the locale, the source of the link determines the locale page that is opened. For example, if the remote desktop (agent source) resides in a data center in Japan and the user computer resides in the U.S., if the URL is redirected from the agent to the client machine, the page that opens on the U.S. client is the Japanese page.
- If users create favorites from Web pages, the favorites are created after redirection. For example, if a user clicks a link on the client machine and the URL is redirected to a remote desktop (agent), and the user creates a favorite for that page, the favorite is created on the agent. The next time the user opens the browser on the client machine, the user might expect to find the favorite on the client machine, but the favorite was stored on the remote desktop (agent source).
- Files that users download appear on the machine where the browser was used to open the URL, for example, when a user clicks a link on the client machine and the URL is redirected to a remote desktop. If the link downloaded a file, or if the link is for a Web page where the user downloads a file, the file is downloaded to the remote desktop rather than to the client machine.
- If you install Horizon Agent and Horizon Client on the same machine, you can activate URL Content Redirection in Horizon Agent or in Horizon Client, but not in both. On this machine, you can set up either client-to-agent redirection or agent-to-client redirection, but not both.
- (Linux and Mac clients only) After installing the browser extensions for URL Content Redirection, disconnect Horizon Client from the connection broker instance on which URL Content Redirection settings have been configured and then connect to the connection broker again. Reconnecting to the connection broker loads the filter data JSON file that is required for URL Content Redirection to work properly.
- If you deactivate the IE browser URL Plugin, activate the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser URL Content Redirection extension, and input a URL in the IE mode of the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) address bar, Microsoft Edge (Chromium) stops responding. Make sure that the IE browser plugin is activated if you want to use IE mode.
- If you activate the IE browser URL Plugin and the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser URL Content Redirection extension and input a URL in the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser address bar (not in IE mode), the URL is redirected twice.