To use the Chrome browser with the URL Content Redirection feature on a Mac client, you must enable the VMware Horizon URL Content Redirection Helper extension for Chrome.
- In the Chrome browser, go to the Chrome Web Store.
- Search for VMware Horizon URL Content Redirection Helper.
- Select VMware Horizon URL Content Redirection Helper and click Add to Chrome.
- To verify that the Chrome extension is installed, type chrome://extensions in the Chrome browser.
VMware Horizon URL Content Redirection Helper appears in the Extensions list and the Enabled check box is selected.
- In Horizon Client, disconnect from the connection broker instance on which URL Content Redirection settings have been configured and then connect to the connection broker again.
Reconnecting to the connection broker loads the filter data JSON file that is required for URL Content Redirection to work properly
The first time a URL is redirected from the Chrome browser on the Mac client, the user is prompted to open the URL in Horizon Client. The user must click Open VMware Horizon Client, or URL redirection does not occur. If the user selects the Remember my choice for VMware Horizon Client links check box (recommended), this prompt does not appear again.