Complete the following steps in the workflow to create a manual desktop pool that contains vSphere virtual machines.
- Prepare the machines to deliver remote desktop access. In a manual pool that contains vSphere virtual machines, you must prepare each machine individually. Horizon Agent must be installed and running on each machine. To prepare vSphere virtual machines managed by vCenter Server, see Creating and Preparing Virtual Machines for Cloning.
- Gather the configuration information that you must provide to create the pool. See Worksheet for Creating a Manual Desktop Pool.
- Power policies are supported for manual desktop pools that contain vSphere virtual machines. See Setting Power Policies for Desktop Pools.
- 3D rendering options are supported for manual desktop pools that contain vSphere virtual machines. These options are also supported for full-clone desktop pools. For more information, see Configuring 3D Rendering for Full-Clone Virtual Machine Pools.
- Create the manual desktop pool and select the vCenter virtual machines option to select the vSphere virtual machine as the desktop pool source. See Create a Manual Desktop Pool.
- Entitle users to access the manual desktop pool. See "Entitling Users and Groups" in the Horizon 8 Administration document.