Updated on: 17 APRIL 2018
VMware Host Client 1.25.0 | 17 APRIL 2018 | 7872652
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release Notes
The release notes cover the following topics:
The VMware Host Client is an HTML5-based client that is used to connect to and manage single ESXi hosts. It can be used to perform administrative tasks to manage host resources such as virtual machines, networking, and storage. The VMware Host Client can also be helpful for troubleshooting individual virtual machines or hosts if vCenter Server and the vSphere Web Client or the vSphere Client are unavailable.
For more information, see the vSphere 6.7 Documentation.
ESXi 6.7 includes an updated version of the VMware Host Client with the following additional features:
- Add quick filters to the virtual machines list and the Advanced settings list
- Support for inflating thin provisioned virtual disks to thick provisioned
- Support for NFS 4.1 datastores in the Datastore browser
- Add French, Swiss-French, and Swiss-German as new console keyboard layouts
- Add RDM disks to virtual machines
- Support for limited-access users to interact only with selected virtual machines without granting the user host-level read access
- Ability to expand a datastore by increasing the size of an existing extent into adjacent free space on the same LUN
- Support for adding group permissions
- Support for browsing VVol datastores in the Datastore browser
- Support OVF properties with predefined values that show dropdowns
- VMware Host Client 1.21
- VMware Host Client 1.8
- VMware Host Client 1.4
- VMware Host Client 1.2
- VMware Host Client 1.0
- Exporting a large virtual machine with the VMware Host Client times out
Exporting a virtual machine from the VMware Host Client might result in an incomplete or missing manifest file. As a result, the downloading of large virtual machine disk files cannot complete and times out.