You configure the VMware Identity Manager settings in the AirWatch admin console to establish a connection between your organization group instance of the AirWatch Directory and VMware Identity Manager. This connection is used to sync users and groups to a directory created in the VMware Identity Manager service.
About this task
The VMware Identity Manager directory can be used with the AirWatch Cloud Connector for password authentication.
Users and groups initially sync to the VMware Identity Manager directory manually. The AirWatch sync schedule determines when users and groups sync with the VMware Identity Manager director.
When a user or a group is added or deleted on the AirWatch server, the change is reflected on the VMware Identity Manager service immediately.
VMware Identity Manager local admin name and password.
Identify attribute values to map from the AirWatch directory. See Managing User Attributes Mapping.
- In the AirWatch admin console, Groups & Settings, All Settings page, select the Global > Customer-level organization group and navigate to VMware Identity Manager. >
- In the Server section, click Configure.
The configuration button is only available when the Directory Service is also configured for the same organization group. If the Configure button is not visible, you are not in the correct organization group. You can change the organization group in the Global drop-down menu.
- Enter the VMware Identity Manager settings.
Enter your tenant VMware URL. For example,
Enter the VMware Identity Manager local admin user name.
Enter the VMware Identity Manager local admin user's password.
- Click Next.
- Enable custom mapping to configure the user attributes mapping from AirWatch to the VMware Identity Manager service.
- Click Test Connection to verify that the settings are correct.
- Click Sync Now to manually sync all users and groups to VMware Identity Manager service.
To control the system load, manual sync can only be performed four hours after a previous sync.
An AirWatch directory is created in the VMware Identity Manager service and the users and groups are synced to a directory in VMware Identity Manager.
What to do next
Review the Users and Groups tab in the VMware Identity Manager admin console to verify that the user and group names are synced.