After you review and set global user attributes, create the local directory.
- In the administration console, click the Identity & Access Management tab, then click the Directories tab
- Click Add Directory and select Add Local User Directory from the drop-down menu.
- In the Add Directory page, enter a directory name and specify at least one domain name.
The domain name must be unique across all directories in the service.
- Click Save.
- In the Directories page, click the new directory.
- Click the User Attributes tab.
All the attributes from the Identity & Access Management > Setup > User Attributes page are listed for the local directory. Attributes that are marked required on that page are listed as required in the local directory page too.
- Customize the attributes for the local directory.
You can specify which attributes are required and which attributes are optional. You can also change the order in which the attributes appear.Important:
The attributes userName, firstName, lastName, and email are always required for local directories.
To make an attribute required, select the check box next to the attribute name.
To make an attribute optional, deselect the check box next to the attribute name.
To change the order of the attributes, click and drag the attribute to the new position.
If an attribute is required, when you create a user you must specify a value for the attribute.For example:
- Click Save.
What to do next
Associate the local directory with the identity provider you want to use to authenticate users in the directory.