In case of an extended data center failure, the secondary data center can be promoted to primary.
About this task
For a SQL Server Always On deployment, no changes are required. For other database configurations, you need to edit the runtime-config.properties file in the VMware Identity Manager appliances in the secondary data center to configure the appliances for read-write mode.
Make these changes in each VMware Identity Manager appliance in the secondary data center.
- Using a ssh client, log in to the VMware Identity Manager appliance as the root user.
- Open the /usr/local/horizon/conf/runtime-config.properties file for editing.
- Change the read.only.service=true line to read.only.service=false.
- Save the runtime-config.properties file.
- Restart the Tomcat server on the appliance.
service horizon-workspace restart