Before you deploy the connector virtual appliance, generate an activation code for the new connector from the VMware Identity Manager service. The connector activation code is used to establish communication between the service and the connector.
- Log in to the VMware Identity Manager administration console.
- Click the Identity & Access Management tab.
- Click Setup.
- In the Connectors page, click Add Connector.
- Enter a name for the new connector instance.
- Click Generate Activation Code.
The activation code is displayed in the Connector Activation Code field.
- Copy and save the connector activation code.
You will use the activation code when you run the Connector Setup wizard.
What to do next
Install the connector virtual appliance.