Before you clone the VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance, you must change its Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) to match the load balancer FQDN.
The VMware Identity Manager appliance is added to a load balancer.
You have applied the load balancer root CA certificate to VMware Identity Manager.
- Log in to the VMware Identity Manager administration console.
- Select the Appliance Settings tab.
- In the Virtual Appliance Configuration page, click Manage Configuration.
- Enter your administrator password to log in.
- Click Identity Manager Configuration.
- In the Identity Manager FQDN field, change the host name part of the URL from the VMware Identity Manager host name to the load balancer host name.
For example, if your VMware Identity Manager host name is myservice and your load balancer host name is mylb, you would change the URL
to the following:
- Click Save.
The service FQDN is changed to the load balancer FQDN.
The Identity Provider URL is changed to the load balancer URL.
What to do next
Clone the virtual appliance.