After you set up the database in the VMware Identity Manager Setup wizard, you can configure VMware Identity Manager to use a different database.
About this task
You must point VMware Identity Manager to an initialized, populated database. For example, you can use a database configured as the result of a successful run of the VMware Identity Manager Setup wizard, a database from a backup, or an existing database from a recovered snapshot.
Install and configure the supported Microsoft SQL or Oracle edition as the external database server. For information about specific versions that are supported by VMware Identity Manager, see the VMware Product Interoperability Matrixes at http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/sim/interop_matrix.php.
- In the administration console click Appliance Settings and select VA Configuration.
- Click Manage Configuration.
- Log in with the VMware Identity Manager administrator password.
- On the Database Connection Setup page, select External Database as the database type.
- Enter information about the database connection.
- Type the JDBC URL of the database server.
- Type the name of the user with read and write privileges to the database.
- Type the password for the user you created when you configured the database.
- Click Test Connection to verify and save the information.