When the VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance is configured with a load balancer, you must establish SSL trust between the load balancer and VMware Identity Manager. The VMware Identity Manager root certificate must be copied to the load balancer.
About this task
The VMware Identity Manager certificate can be downloaded from the administration console, from the page.
If the VMware Identity Manager FQDN points to a load balancer, the SSL certificate can only be applied to the load balancer.
Since the load balancer communicates with the VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance, you must copy the VMware Identity Manager root CA certificate to the load balancer as a trusted root certificate.
- In the administration console, select the Appliance Settings tab and select VA Configuration.
- Click Manage Configuration.
- Select Install Certificate.
- Select the Terminate SSL on a Load Balancer tab and in the Appliance Root CA Certificate field, click the link
- Copy everything between and including the lines -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE---- and paste the root certificate into the correct location on each of your load balancers. Refer to the documentation provided by your load balancer vendor.
What to do next
Copy and paste the load balancer root certificate to the VMware Identity Managerconnector appliance.