If your VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance has Internet connectivity, you can upgrade the appliance online.
Ensure that you meet the prerequisites listed in Prerequisites for Online Upgrade.
Verify that the virtual appliance is powered on and functioning.
- Log in to the VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance as the root user.
- Run the following updatemgr.hzn command.
- Run the following command to check that on online upgrade exists.
- Run the following command to update the appliance.
Messages that occur during the upgrade are saved to the update.log file at /opt/vmware/var/log/update.log.
- Run the updatemgr.hzn check command again to verify that a newer update does not exist.
- Check the version of the upgraded appliance.
vamicli version --appliance
The new version is displayed.
- Restart the virtual appliance.
The upgrade is complete.
Note that search and autocomplete features in the administration console may not be available for 15-20 minutes after the virtual appliance starts, depending on the version from which you are upgrading. In version 2.7, search indexes were moved to Elasticsearch, a search and analytics engine embedded in the VMware Identity Manager appliance. The migration process can take up to 15-20 minutes after the virtual appliance starts.
Also note that for search and autocomplete to work, auditing must not be disabled. You can verify the auditing setting in thepage.