You can upgrade your VMware Identity Manager Connector instance online.
About this task
The commands for online upgrade to version 2017.7.1.1 are different from earlier releases. Ensure that you follow these instructions to upgrade to version 2017.7.1.1.
You have met the prerequisites listed in Preparing to Upgrade VMware Identity Manager Connector.
Verify that the connector appliance is powered on and functioning.
- Log in to the connector appliance as the root user.
- Run the following command.
- Run the following command to update the appliance.
/usr/local/horizon/update/configureupdate.hzn provider --url https://vapp-updates.vmware.com/vai-catalog/valm/vmw/8F11A214-F782-11E1-B9EB-86776188709B/2017.7.1.1
Messages that occur during the upgrade are saved to the update.log file at /opt/vmware/var/log/update.log.
- Check the version of the upgraded appliance.
vamicli version --appliance
The new version is displayed.
- Restart the connector appliance.
- Repeat the preceding steps for each connector appliance in your VMware Identity Manager deployment.
The connector upgrade is complete.