If your VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance has Internet connectivity, you can upgrade the appliance online.
About this task
The commands for upgrading online to version 220.127.116.11 are different than the commands in earlier releases. Ensure that you follow these instructions to upgrade to version 18.104.22.168.
Ensure that you meet the prerequisites listed in Prerequisites for Online Upgrade.
Verify that the virtual appliance is powered on and functioning.
- Log in to the VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance as the root user.
- Run the following updatemgr.hzn command.
- Run the following command to check that on online upgrade exists.
The command returns the latest version available.
- Run the following command to update the appliance to version 22.214.171.124.
/usr/local/horizon/update/configureupdate.hzn provider --url https://vapp-updates.vmware.com/vai-catalog/valm/vmw/5C08B358-F782-11E1-8F08-78776188709B/126.96.36.199
Messages that occur during the upgrade are saved to the update.log file at /opt/vmware/var/log/update.log.
- Check the version of the upgraded appliance.
vamicli version --appliance
The new version is displayed.
- Restart the virtual appliance.
The upgrade is complete.