You can upgrade your VMware Identity Manager Connector instance online. Use these commands to upgrade to the latest available version.
About this task
To upgrade to a specific version instead of the latest available version, see Performing an Online Upgrade to a Specific Version.
Ensure that you meet the prerequisites listed in Preparing to Upgrade VMware Identity Manager Connector.
Verify that the connector appliance is powered on and functioning.
- Log in to the connector virtual appliance as the root user.
- Run the following command.
- Run the following command to check that on online upgrade exists.
- Run the following command to update the virtual appliance.
Messages that occur during the upgrade are saved to the log files /opt/vmware/var/log/update.log and /opt/vmware/var/log/vami/updatecli.log.
- Run the updatemgr.hzn check command again to verify that a newer update does not exist.
- Check the version of the upgraded virtual appliance.
vamicli version --appliance
The new version is displayed.
- Restart the virtual appliance.
- Repeat the preceding steps for each connector appliance in your VMware Identity Manager deployment.
The connector upgrade is complete.