After the VMware Identity Manager is deployed, you use the Setup wizard to set the machine admin password for VMware Identity Manager, accept the self-signed certificate, and verify the database JDBC URL.
Make sure that your run the Setup wizard using the fully qualified host name. Do not enter the IP address as the name.
- Go to the VMware Identity Manager URL that was displayed when you finished the installation. Enter the fully qualified domain name (FQDN). For example,
- Accept the certificate, if prompted.
During the installation, a self-signed certificate is deployed. You can update to a signed-certificate after the initial set up.
- In the Get Started page, click Continue.
- In the Set Passwords page, configure the Appliance Administrator password. The admin user password must be at least 6 characters in length. Click Continue.
The admin user account is used to manage the appliance settings.
- In the Select Database page, the database JDBC URL is displayed.
The connection to the database is configured and the database is initialized.
The Setup is complete page is displayed.
What to do next
Set up Active Directory. See Set Up Active Directory or LDAP Directory Connections.