If your VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance has Internet connectivity, you can upgrade the appliance online. Use these commands to upgrade to the latest available version.
To upgrade to a specific version instead of the latest available version, see Performing an Online Upgrade to a Specific Version.
Ensure that you meet the prerequisites listed in Prerequisites for Online Upgrade.
Verify that the virtual appliance is powered on and functioning.
- Log in to the VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance as the root user.
- Run the following updatemgr.hzn command.
- Run the following command to check that on online upgrade exists.
- Run the following command to update the appliance.
Messages that occur during the upgrade are saved to the update.log file at /opt/vmware/var/log/update.log.
- Run the updatemgr.hzn check command again to verify that a newer update does not exist.
- Check the version of the upgraded appliance.
vamicli version --appliance
The new version is displayed.
- Restart the virtual appliance.
The upgrade is complete.