For each node in the cluster, you upgrade VMware Identity Manager for Windows. Expect some downtime during the upgrade and plan the timing of your upgrade accordingly.
Stop all nodes except one from the load balancer.
- Double-click the VMware Identity Manager installer.
Run the installer from an account with administrator privileges.
- To start the upgrade, click Next.
- Accept the End User License Agreement (EULA), then click Next.
- If the Customer Experience Improvement Program is not enabled, you are asked to participate in the program. On the Customer Experience Improvement Program dialog box, the default action is set to Yes.
This product participates in VMware's Customer Experience Improvement Program ("CEIP"). Details regarding the data collected through CEIP and the purposes for which it is used by VMware are set forth at the Trust & Assurance Center at http://www.vmware.com/trustvmware/ceip.html. If you prefer not to participate in VMware's CEIP for this product, deselect the box.
You can also join or leave the CEIP for this product at any time after installation.Note:
If your network is configured to access the Internet through HTTP proxy, to send the data collected through CEIP to VMware you must adjust the proxy settings in the VMware Identity Manager machine.
- The VMware Identity Manager Prerequisites are listed. The installer checks for the required modules. You are prompted to install any missing modules.
- Select the directory in which to install theVMware Identity Manager service.
- In the configuration dialog box, confirm the Internal Server Hostname and port number 443 are correct and click Next.
- In the VMware Identity Manager Service Account dialog box, select the check box if you want to run the service as a Windows domain user and enter the user name and password of the domain account to use. The user name must be in the form DOMAIN\Username.
Run the service as a domain user in the following cases.
If you plan to connect to Active Directory (Integrated Windows Authentication).
If you plan to use Kerberos authentication with the company's KDC.
If you plan to integrate Horizon (View) with VMware Identity Manager and want to use the Perform Directory Sync.
If you do not use a domain user account, the service is run as local system.
- Click Install to begin the upgrade.
During the upgrade, the following actions are performed.
The files in that directory are upgraded to latest version of VMware Identity Manager.
- Click Finish.
What to do next
Upgrade the other nodes in the cluster.
If you disabled SQL Server availability groups, re-enable the availability groups. See Re-Enable AlwaysOn Availability Groups
If you added the db_owner role for the upgrade, you can disable this role. See Change Database-Level Roles