You must edit the runtime-config.properties files for the VMware Identity Manager appliances in the secondary data center to configure the appliances for read-only access. Also change the JDBC URL on the secondary data center nodes if you are not using technologies such as SQL Server Always On.
Make these changes in each VMware Identity Manager appliance in the secondary data center.
- Using a ssh client, log in to the VMware Identity Manager appliance as the root user.
- Open the /usr/local/horizon/conf/runtime-config.properties file.
- Configure the VMware Identity Manager appliance to have read-only access by adding the following line:
- Also add the following line to the file:
cache.service.type=ehcacheNote: cache.service.type=ehcache is required if you set read.only.service=true. If read.only.service=false, then the default is cache.service.type=rds.
- Save the file.
- Change the JDBC URL on the secondary data center nodes if you are not using technologies such as SQL Server Always On.
See Configure VMware Identity Manager to Use an External Database for information.
- Restart the Tomcat server on the appliance.
service horizon-workspace restart