After you deploy and configure the new VMware Identity Manager Connector instances, configure high availability for authentication by adding the new instances to the Built-in identity provider and enabling the same authentication methods that are enabled on the first connector instance. VMware Identity Manager automatically distributes traffic among all the connectors associated with the Built-in identity provider.
- In the VMware Identity Manager administration console Identity & Access Management tab, click Manage.
- Click the Identity Providers tab.
- Click the Built-in link.
- In the Connector(s) field, select the new connector from the drop-down list and click Add Connector.
- In the Connector Authentication Methods section, enable the same authentication methods that you enabled for the first connector.
The Password (cloud deployment) authentication method is automatically configured and enabled. You must enable the other authentication methods.Important: Authentication adapters on all the connectors in your cluster must be configured identically. The same authentication methods must be enabled on all the connectors.
For information on configuring specific authentication adapters, see VMware Identity Manager Administration.
- Click Save to save the Built-in identity provider configuration.