After you deploy and configure the new connector instance, add it to the Built-in identity provider and enable the same authentication methods that are enabled on the first connector. VMware Identity Manager automatically distributes traffic among all the connectors associated with the Built-in identity provider.
- In the administration console Identity & Access Management tab, click Manage.
- Click the Identity Providers tab.
- Click the Built-in link.
- In the Connector(s) field, select the new connector from the drop-down list and click Add Connector.
- In the Connector Authentication Methods section, enable the same authentication methods that you selected for the first connector.
The Password (cloud deployment) authentication method is automatically configured and enabled. You must enable the other authentication methods.Important:
Authentication adapters on all the connectors in your cluster must be configured identically. The same authentication methods must be enabled on all the connectors.
For information on configuring specific authentication adapters, see the VMware Identity Manager Administration Guide.
- Click Save to save the Built-in identity provider configuration.