In the event of a connector instance failure, authentication is handled automatically by another connector instance. However, for directory sync, you must modify the directory settings in the VMware Identity Manager service to use another connector instance instead of the original connector instance. Directory sync can only be enabled on one connector at a time.
- Log in to the VMware Identity Manager administration console.
- Click the Identity & Access Management tab, then click Directories.
- Click the directory that was associated with the original connector instance.
You can view this information in thepage.
- In the Directory Sync and Authentication section of the directory page, in the Sync Connector drop-down list, select another connector instance.
- In the Bind DN Password text box, enter your Active Directory bind account password.
- Click Save.