If you add a new directory to the VMware Identity Manager service after you have already deployed a cluster for high availability, and you want to make the new directory part of the high availability configuration, you need to add the directory to all the appliances in your cluster.
You do this by adding all the connector instances to the new directory.
- Log in to the VMware Identity Manager administration console.
- Select the Identity & Access Management tab, then select the Identity Providers tab.
- In the Identity Providers page, find the identity provider for the new directory and click the identity provider name.
- (Optional) If you are using a load balancer, in the IdP Hostname field, enter the load balancer FQDN, if it is not already set to the correct load balancer FQDN.
This step is required only if you are using a load balancer. You do not need to use a load balancer with the connector in outbound-only connection mode. However, you may have set up a load balancer for certain scenarios such as Kerberos authentication.
- In the Connector(s) field, select the connector to add.
- Enter the password and click Save.
- (Optional) If you are using a load balancer, in the Identity Providers page, click the Identity Provider name again and verify that the IdP Hostname field displays the load balancer FQDN. If the name is incorrect, enter the load balancer FQDN and click Save.
This step is required only if you are using a load balancer.
- Repeat the preceding steps to add all the connectors listed in the Connector(s) field.
If you are using a load balancer, after you add each connector, check the IdP host name and modify it, if necessary, as described in step 7.
The directory is now associated with all the connectors in your deployment.