If you have an existing Workspace ONE UEM deployment, you can integrate your VMware Identity Manager tenant with it. In this model, user and group sync from your enterprise directory and user authentication are handled by Workspace ONE UEM. There are no additional deployment requirements for VMware Identity Manager.
Note that integrating VMware Identity Manager with resources such as Horizon 7 or Citrix-published resources is not supported in this model. Only integration with Web applications and native mobile applications is supported.
You must have the following components.
- A VMware Identity Manager tenant
- A Workspace ONE UEM tenant
- An AirWatch Cloud Connector instance deployed on premises and integrated with your enterprise directory
There are no additional port requirements for VMware Identity Manager. The VMware Identity Manager tenant only communicates with the Workspace ONE UEM tenant.
For Workspace ONE UEM deployment requirements, see the Workspace ONE UEM documentation.
Supported Authentication Methods
This deployment model supports the following authentication methods. These methods are available through the VMware Identity Manager Built-in identity provider.
- Password (AirWatch Connector)
- Mobile SSO (for iOS)
- Mobile SSO (for Android)
- Device Compliance (with AirWatch)
- Certificate (cloud deployment)
- VMware Verify
In addition, inbound SAML through a third-party identity provider is also available.
Supported Directory Integrations
You integrate your enterprise directory with Workspace ONE UEM. See the Workspace ONE UEM documentation for the types of directories supported.
You can integrate the following types of resources with VMware Identity Manager in this deployment model.
- Web applications
- Native mobile applications
You cannot integrate the following resources with VMware Identity Manager in this deployment model.
- VMware Horizon® 7 or Horizon 6 desktop and application pools
- Citrix-published resources
- VMware Horizon® Cloud Service™ applications and desktops
- VMware ThinApp packaged applications
For additional information, see the following documentation.
- Guide to Deploying VMware Workspace ONE
- Workspace ONE UEM documentation