You can update a project to change its name or description, and enable or temporarily disable it.
About this task
Disabling a project can have negative consequences. For example, if a user is assigned to only that project, they cannot log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard. Similarly, the project is not accessible by its members. Project instances continue running, so you must suspend or stop them manually. Project data is retained in case the project is enabled again.
Verify that you are logged in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard as a cloud administrator.
- On the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard, select the admin project from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
- Select .
- Select the project to edit.
- In the Actions column, select Edit Project from the drop-down menu.
In the Edit Project dialog box, you can change the project's name and description, and enable and disable it.
- Modify the project settings, and click Save.
- (Optional) To change user assignments for a project, on the Projects page, click Manage Members for the project to modify.
Assign a user to the current project
Click the plus sign (+) for the user.
Remove a user from the current project,
Click the minus sign (-) for the user.
- Click Save.
- To delete one or more projects, return to the Projects page and select the projects to delete.
You cannot restore a deleted project.
- Click Delete Projects.
- At the prompt, confirm the deletion.