Projects are the equivalent of tenants or accounts. They function as organizational units in the cloud to which you can assign users.
Before you begin
Verify that you are logged in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard as a cloud administrator.
- Select the admin project from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
- Select .
- Click Create Project.
- Click the Project Info tab and configure the project settings.
Optional description of the new project.
New projects are enabled by default. Disabling a project prevents cloud users from accessing the project, prevents users from managing launching instances for the project, and can prevent users from logging in if they are assigned only to that project.
- (Optional) : Add members to the project by selecting existing cloud users on the Project Members tab.
- (Optional) : Add groups of members to the project by selecting existing groups of cloud users on the Project Groups tab.
- On the Quota tab, accept or modify the quota settings.
Quotas are operational limits that you can configure to manage how much system resources are available to a specific project. For example, you can optimize the cloud resources by controlling the number of gigabytes allowed for each tenant. Quotas can be enforced at both the project and user level.
- Click Create Project at the bottom of the panel.
The VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard assigns an ID to the new project, and the project is listed on the Projects page.