To migrate an attached cinder volume to a different datastore, you must migrate the virtual machine that corresponds to the instance to which it is attached.
Before you begin
Verify that the volume does not have any snapshots attached. If so, you must detach them first.
- Using SSH, log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack manager.
- Switch to root user.
sudo su -
- Prepare the volume for migration.
This step prepares all volumes on the specified datastore for migration.
viocli ds-migrate-prep [-d DEPLOYMENT] DC_NAME DS_NAME
Indicates the name of the VMware Integrated OpenStack deployment.
Indicates the data center name.
Indicates the datastore name.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Locate the virtual machine that corresponds to the Nova instance to which the volume is attached.
- Use the Storage vMotion feature in the vSphere Web Client to migrate the virtual machine to a different datastore.
See the vSphere product documentation about using Storage vMotion.