The swift.conf file contains strings that prevent unauthorized access to your Object Storage content.
- Using SSH, log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack manager.
- From the VMware Integrated OpenStack manager, use SSH to log in to the controller01 node.
- Switch to root user.
sudo su -
- Create the swift directory.
mkdir -p /etc/swift
- Create the swift.conf file.
The swift.conf file contains prefix and suffix settings that provide an additional layer of security. You can use any unique value for these strings. Do not change or modify these values.
[swift-hash] # random unique string that can never change (DO NOT LOSE) swift_hash_path_prefix = xrfuniounenqjnw swift_hash_path_suffix = fLIbertYgibbitZ
- Save and close the swift.conf file.
What to do next
You can now create a loopback device as a disk to store the Object Storage service data. See Create and Configure the Loopback Device as Disk.