You can increase the number of compute clusters in your VMware Integrated OpenStack deployment to increase CPU capacity.
Before you begin
Prepare a cluster with at least one host.
- In vCenter, select .
- Select the Nova Compute tab.
This tab displays the current Nova Compute clusters and their status.
- Click the green plus-sign icon (+) at the top of the panel.
- In the Add Nova cluster page of the Add Cluster to OpenStack dialog box, select the cluster you prepared as a prerequisite, and click Next.
The cluster you select must contain at least one host.
- On the Review proposed configuration page, select the existing management VM, and click Next.
- Select the datastores for the tenants in the new cluster, and click Next.
- Review the proposed configuration, and click Finish.
- Confirm that the new cluster is added to the OpenStack deployment.
The newly added cluster appears in the Nova Compute tab.
OpenStack capacity increases based on the resources available in the additional cluster.