With snapshots, you can create new images from running instances.
Detach the volume from the instance before you take the snapshot. Creating a snapshot from an attached volume can result in a corrupted snapshot.
- Log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard.
- Select the project from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
The Volume & Snapshots page lists the volumes currently configured that are available to the current user.
- Select the volume to add to an instance and select in the Actions column.
- Enter a snapshot name and optional description.
- Click Create Volume Snapshot.
The Volume & Snapshots page appears again, showing the new snapshot in the table on the Volume Snapshots tab.