You can apply QoS resource allocation settings to an existing instance by resizing the instance in the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard.
Requires an OpenStack flavor with the desired QoS resource allocation settings. See Configure QoS Resource Allocation for Instances Using Flavor Metadata.
Requires VMware Integrated OpenStack version 2.0.x or greater.
Verify that VMware Integrated OpenStack is running in vSphere.
Verify that you are logged in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard as a cloud administrator.
- Log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard as a cloud administrator.
- Select the admin project from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
- Select .
- Click the hyperlinked name of the instance to access the Instance Details page.
- Click the down arrow (next to the Create Snapshot button) and choose Resize Instance.
- In the Flavor Choice tab, open the New Flavor drop-down list and select the flavor with the desired QoS resource allocations
- Click Resize.
The resizing process may take a few minutes.
The instance is now subject to the QoS settings as defined in the flavor metadata.