You must modify the metadata for an image to enable SR-IOV. All instances created from a SR-IOV-enabled flavor and SR-IOV-enabled image inherit the SR-IOV property.
- Log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard as a cloud administrator.
- Select the admin project from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
- Select .
- (Optional) Create an image definition dedicated to the SR-IOV specification.
The original image configuration remains intact and available for other uses.
- Select the image to modify.
- In the Actions column of the image listing, click the down arrow and select Update Metadata.
- In the column under Available Metadata, expand the VMware Driver Options tab.
If the VMware Driver Options tab is not present, the related metadata property might already be configured.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to the Virtual Network Interface metadata property.
In the column under Existing Metadata, the newly added metadata property appears as hw_vif_model.
- From the drop-down list, select VirtualSriovEthernetCard.
- Click Save.