You can modify the metadata of a flavor to dynamically add properties to all the instances that are subsequently created that use that flavor.
About this task
You can also use image metadata to specify many flavor metadata settings. If a conflict occurs, the image metadata configuration overrules the flavor metadata configuration.
Requires VMware Integrated OpenStack version 2.0.x or greater.
Requires vSphere version 6.0 or greater.
Verify that VMware Integrated OpenStack is running in vSphere.
Verify that you are logged in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard as a cloud administrator.
- Log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard as a cloud administrator.
- Select the admin project from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
- Select .
- (Optional) : Create a flavor specific to the intended use of the metadata application.
Create a custom flavor to contain the specific configuration. The custom flavor leaves the original flavor configuration intact and available for other instance creation.
- Select the flavor to modify.
- In the Actions column of the image listing, click the down arrow and select Update Metadata.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to the metadata properties to add.
In the column under Existing Metadata, the newly added metadata properties appear.
- Configure the metadata properties.
For example, you might have to select an option from a drop-down list or enter a string value.
- Click Save.
The newly added flavor metadata properties are now configured. This configuration is applied to all future OpenStack instances that are created from this flavor.