You can increase the number of compute clusters in your VMware Integrated OpenStack deployment to increase CPU capacity. You can select compute clusters from all Compute vCenter Server instances in your data center.
Prepare a cluster with at least one host.
- In vCenter Server, select .
- (Optional) Add additional vCenter Server instances for use in VMware Integrated OpenStack.
- Select the Compute vCenter Server tab.
- Click the green plus-sign icon (+) at the top of the panel to add a new instance.
- In the Add Compute vCenter Server dialog box, enter the FQDN of the instance, credentials with administrative privileges, and click OK.
- Select the Nova Compute tab.
This tab displays the current Nova Compute clusters and their status.
- Click the green plus-sign icon (+) at the top of the panel.
- On the Select a Compute vCenter Server page, select the instance and the availability zone for the compute cluster that you need and click Next.
- On the Add Nova cluster page, select the cluster that you prepared as a prerequisite, and click Next.
The cluster you select must contain at least one host.
- On the Add Nova datastores page, select the datastores for the tenants in the new cluster, and click Next.
- On the Review proposed configuration page, select the existing management VM, and click Next.
- Review the proposed configuration, and click Finish.
- Confirm that the new cluster is added to the OpenStack deployment.
The newly added cluster appears in the Nova Compute tab.
OpenStack capacity increases based on the resources available in the additional cluster.