You can customize the logos that appear on the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard login page and in the upper left corner of other pages.
By default, the VMware corporate logo is used on the login page and in the upper left corner of each page on the dashboard. You can upload a custom graphic file to the OpenStack Management Server and configure it to display as your login or dashboard logo.
Custom logos should be 216 pixels long by 35 pixels wide. Graphics with different dimensions might not be displayed properly.
Custom logo files must be in SVG or PNG format.
- Use SCP to transfer your custom logo file or files to a temporary directory on the OpenStack Management Server virtual machine as the
scp your-logo-file viouser@mgmt-server-ip:/home/viouser/
- Log in to the OpenStack Management Server virtual machine as the
- Create the
/opt/vmware/vio/custom/horizondirectory and move your logo file to that directory.
sudo mkdir -p /opt/vmware/vio/custom/horizon sudo mv /home/viouser/your-logo-file /opt/vmware/vio/custom/horizon/
- If your deployment is not using a custom.yml file, copy the template custom.yml file to the /opt/vmware/vio/custom directory.
sudo cp /var/lib/vio/ansible/custom/custom.yml.sample /opt/vmware/vio/custom/custom.yml
- Open the /opt/vmware/vio/custom/custom.yml file in a text editor.
To configure a login logo, modify the following parameter:
To configure a dashboard logo, modify the following parameter:
- Delete the number sign (#) to uncomment the parameter that you want to enable. Then replace
logo_filewith the name of your custom graphic file.
horizon_logo_splash: "/opt/vmware/vio/custom/horizon/your-login-logo" horizon_logo: "/opt/vmware/vio/custom/horizon/your-dash-logo"
You can enable one or both parameters.
- Deploy the updated configuration.
sudo viocli deployment configure --tags horizon