You modify the metadata of a source image to automatically place instances into VM groups. DRS rules then determine the host groups on which these instances will be created.
Configure a VM group and host group for the compute cluster.
- Log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard as a cloud administrator and select the
adminproject from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
- Select .
- Create a new image or choose an existing image.
- Click the down arrow next to the flavor that you want to use and select Update Metadata.
- In the Available Metadata pane, expand VMware Driver Options and click the Add (plus sign) icon next to DRS VM group.
- Enter the desired VM group name as the value of the vmware_vm_group parameter and click Save.
All OpenStack instances generated from this source image will be automatically assigned to the specified VM group and governed by its DRS rules.