Projects are organizational units in OpenStack. They can contain users, instances, and other objects such as images.
- Log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard as a cloud administrator.
- Select the admin project from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
- Select Create Project. and click
- On the Project Information tab, enter a name and description and select whether to enable the project.
- (Optional) On the Project Members tab, add users to the project.
- (Optional) On the Project Groups tab, add user groups to the project.
- On the Quotas tab, specify resource quotas for the project.
- Click Create Project.
The VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard assigns an ID to the new project, and the project is listed on the Projects page.
The project ID generated is 32 characters in length. However, when filtering by project ID specific to the security group section in Neutron server logs or in vRealize Log Insight, use only the first 22 characters.
What to do next
In the Actions column to the right of each project, you can modify project settings, including adding and removing users and groups, modifying project quotas, and changing the name or enabled status of the project.
If you disable a project, it is no longer accessible to its members, but its instances continue to run, and project data is retained. Users that are assigned only to disabled projects cannot log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard.
You can select one or more projects and click Delete Projects to remove them permanently. Deleted projects cannot be restored.