You must modify the metadata for a flavor to enable passthrough. All instances created from a passthrough-enabled flavor and passthrough-enabled image inherit the passthrough property.
- Log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard as a cloud administrator.
- Select the admin project from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
- Select .
- (Optional) Create a flavor dedicated to the passthrough specification.
The original flavor configuration remains intact and available for other uses.
- Select the flavor to modify.
- In the Actions column of the image listing, click the down arrow and select Update Metadata.
- In the column under Available Metadata, expand the VMware Driver Options for Flavors tab.
If the VMware Driver Options for Flavors tab is not present, the related metadata property might already be configured.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to the PCI Passthrough alias metadata property.
In the column under Existing Metadata, the newly added metadata property and the default value appear. The numerical portion represents the number of virtual functions that you can request.
The PCI Passthrough alias refers to a PCI request specification that contains vendor_id, product_id, and device_type. In VMware Integrated OpenStack, the alias is already created and refers to a PCI request specification that you can use to allocate any device regardless of the vendor_id, product_id, and device_type.
- Increase the numerical value as needed.
The maximum number of virtual functions allowed is 10.
- Click Save.
You can now modify image metadata to enable passthrough.