You can monitor OpenStack data in vRealize Log Insight using dashboards provided by the VMware OpenStack Content Pack.
For more information about the VMware OpenStack Content Pack, see the VMware OpenStack Content Pack page on VMware Solution Exchange.
Deploy vRealize Log Insight. See the Getting Started document for your version of vRealize Log Insight.
- Install the VMware OpenStack Content Pack in vRealize Log Insight.
- Log in to the vRealize Log Insight web user interface as a user with the Edit Admin permission.
- From the drop-down menu on the upper right, select Content Packs.
- Click Marketplace under Content Pack Marketplace on the left.
- Click OpenStack.
- Select the check box to agree to the terms of the license agreement.
- Click Install.
For more information about vRealize Log Insight content packs, see Working with Content Packs.
- If you did not configure a syslog server when deploying OpenStack, modify your deployment configuration to send logs to vRealize Log Insight.
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- Click OpenStack Deployments and open the Manage tab.
- On the Settings tab, click Syslog Server and click Edit.
- Enter the IP address, port, and protocol of your vRealize Log Insight syslog server and click OK.
You can monitor OpenStack data in vRealize Log Insight on the dashboards under .