You install VMware Integrated OpenStack 5.0 on your existing vCenter Server instance.
Add IP address ranges for the new installation. See Add IP Addresses to the Network Configuration.
- In the vSphere Web Client, edit the settings of the management cluster and set DRS Automation to Manual.
- Right-click the management cluster and select Deploy OVF Template... from the pop-up menu.
- Provide the path to the VMware Integrated OpenStack OVA and click Next.
- Enter a name for the VMware Integrated OpenStack vApp, select your data center, and click Next.
The name of the VMware Integrated OpenStack vApp can contain only letters, numbers, and underscores (_). The name cannot exceed 60 characters, and the combination of the vApp name and cluster name cannot exceed 80 characters.
- Select the cluster on which to run the vApp and click Next.
- Review the details of the template to be installed and click Next.
- Read the license agreements and click Accept. Then click Next.
- Specify a provisioning format and storage policy, select the datastore on which the vApp files will be stored, and click Next.
For more information about provisioning formats, see About Virtual Disk Provisioning Policies in the vSphere Virtual Machine Administration document for your version of vSphere.
- In the Destination Network column, select the management network and click Next.
- On the Customize template page, enter a password for the
viouseraccount on the OpenStack Management Server.
You can also expand the other properties and configure parameters for the OpenStack Management Server, NTP server, and syslog server.
- Once All properties have valid values is displayed in the upper left of the page, click Next.
- Verify that the vApp can bind to the vService and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, review your settings. When you are satisfied that the settings are correct, click Finish to install the vApp.