You can roll back a VMware Integrated OpenStack patch if the upgrade failed or if you do not want to use the new version.
Verify that you retained the snapshot of the OpenStack Management Server taken in vSphere before the patch.
Verify that you retained the snapshot of your deployment taken with the viopatch utility. You can run sudo viopatch snapshot list to confirm whether viopatch has a snapshot of the nodes in your deployment.
- Log in to the OpenStack Management Server virtual machine and revert to the previous snapshot.
sudo viopatch snapshot revert
- In the vSphere Client, revert the OpenStack Management Server to the previous snapshot.
- On the OpenStack Management Server virtual machine, restart the OpenStack service.
sudo service oms restart
- On the vCenter Server virtual machine, stop the vSphere Client service, delete residual files, and restart the service.
service-control --stop vsphere-ui cd /etc/vmware/vsphere-ui/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/ rm -rf * cd /usr/lib/vmware-vsphere-client/server/work rm -rf * service-control --start vsphere-ui
- Log out of the vSphere Client and log back in.