Before upgrading, ensure that your management and API access networks include sufficient IP addresses to support the existing and new deployments concurrently.
The IP addresses that you configure in this procedure are permanent. After you migrate to the new deployment, these IP addresses will be used instead of the IP addresses assigned to your existing deployment. You will need to update any DNS entries or other references to VMware Integrated OpenStack IP addresses once the upgrade is finished.
Do not include the IP address of the OpenStack Management Server in the management network IP range. If you have already allocated additional IP addresses for upgrades, assign the first available IP address to the OpenStack Management Server and remove it from the management network IP range.
- In the vSphere Web Client, select .
- Click the Manage tab and click the Networks tab.
- In the table displayed, right-click the name of the management network and select Add IP Range.
- Specify an IP address range for the management network of the new deployment.
The new IP address range must have at least the same number of IP addresses as the existing management network.
The management network cannot include more than 100 IP addresses.
- Right-click the name of the API access network and select Add IP Range.
- Specify an IP address range for the API access network of the new deployment.
The new IP address range must have at least the same number of IP addresses as the existing API access network.
The API access network cannot include more than 100 IP addresses.