Helm is a tool that streamlines the installation and management of Kubernetes applications. When you deploy Kubernetes applications with Helm initialized in your cluster, you can use Helm to version, upgrade, and rollback those deployments.
Helm operates on packages of configured Kubernetes resources. Tiller is the Helm server that runs in Kubernetes and handles the Helm packages. To add Helm to your VMware Integrated OpenStack with Kubernetes deployment, you initialize Helm and install the Tiller server in the Kubernetes cluster.
Verify that VMware Integrated OpenStack with Kubernetes 4.1 or later is installed.
- Log in to VMware Integrated OpenStack with Kubernetes.
- On the Clusters home page, identify the target cluster where you want to add Helm. Click the three dots to the right of the cluster name and select Download kubectl config file.
- Using SSH, log in to VMware Integrated OpenStack with Kubernetes VM.
- Copy the downloaded config file to /root/.kube/config.
- In the config file, edit the username and password to match the username and password for the target cluster.
username: "<CLUSTER_USERNAME>" password: "<CLUSTER_PASSWORD>"
- Type the command to initialize Helm.