You can attach a floating IP address to an instance in addition to the fixed IP address that is assigned when it is created. Unlike fixed IP addresses, you can modify floating IP address associations at any time, regardless of the state of the instances involved.
- Log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard.
- Select the project from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
- Select .
- Click the Floating IPs tab, and click Allocate IP to Project.
- Choose the pool from which to pick the IP address and click Allocate IP.
- Click Associate in the Floating IPs list and configure the floating IP associations settings.
Click the plus sign to add an IP address.
Ports to be associated
Select a port from the list. The list shows all the instances with their fixed IP addresses.
- Click Associate.
- (Optional) To disassociate a floating IP address from an instance, click the Floating IPs tab, and click Disassociate in the Actions column for the IP address. .
- To release the floating IP address back into the pool of addresses, click More and select Release Floating IP.
- Click the Floating IPs tab and select the IP address.
- Click Release Floating IPs.