In VMware Integrated OpenStack 5.1, volume snapshots are taken as virtual machine templates. You can change the default to the copy-on-write (COW) format that was used in previous versions.
- Log in to the OpenStack Management Server as
- If your deployment is not using a custom.yml file, copy the template custom.yml file to the /opt/vmware/vio/custom directory.
sudo mkdir -p /opt/vmware/vio/custom sudo cp /var/lib/vio/ansible/custom/custom.yml.sample /opt/vmware/vio/custom/custom.yml
- Open the /opt/vmware/vio/custom/custom.yml file in a text editor.
- Uncomment the cinder_vmware_snapshot_format parameter and set its value to COW.
- Deploy the updated configuration.
sudo viocli deployment configure
Deploying the configuration briefly interrupts OpenStack services.