You can modify the metadata of a flavor to dynamically add properties to all the instances that are subsequently created that use that flavor.
You can also use image metadata to specify many flavor metadata settings. If a conflict occurs, the image metadata configuration overrules the flavor metadata configuration.
- Requires VMware Integrated OpenStack version 2.0.x or greater.
- Requires vSphere version 6.0 or greater.
- Verify that VMware Integrated OpenStack is running in vSphere.
- Verify that you are logged in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard as a cloud administrator.
- Log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard as a cloud administrator.
- Select the admin project from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
- Select .
- (Optional) Create a flavor specific to the intended use of the metadata application.
Create a custom flavor to contain the specific configuration. The custom flavor leaves the original flavor configuration intact and available for other instance creation.
- Select the flavor to modify.
- In the Actions column of the image listing, click the down arrow and select Update Metadata.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to the metadata properties to add.
In the column under Existing Metadata, the newly added metadata properties appear.
- Configure the metadata properties.
For example, you might have to select an option from a drop-down list or enter a string value.
- Click Save.
The newly added flavor metadata properties are now configured. This configuration is applied to all future OpenStack instances that are created from this flavor.