You deploy VMware Integrated OpenStack on your vCenter Server instance. This installs the OpenStack Management Server, through which you configure and implement an OpenStack cloud infrastructure integrated with your vSphere deployment.
- Deploy or upgrade vSphere and any other VMware products that you want to use with VMware Integrated OpenStack.
- Verify that your vCenter Server instance is correctly prepared. See Preparing Your Environment.
- Obtain the VMware Integrated OpenStack 5.1 OVA file from the VMware Integrated OpenStack download page. The file requires approximately 6 GB of storage space.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client and select the Hosts and Clusters view.
- Right-click the management cluster previously configured for VMware Integrated OpenStack and select Deploy OVF Template... from the pop-up menu.
- Provide the path to the VMware Integrated OpenStack OVA and click Next.
- Enter a name for the VMware Integrated OpenStack vApp, select the data center that you defined during preparation, and click Next.
Note: The name of the VMware Integrated OpenStack vApp can contain only letters, numbers, and underscores (_). The name cannot exceed 60 characters, and the combination of the vApp name and cluster name cannot exceed 80 characters.
- Select the cluster on which to run the vApp and click Next.
- Review the details of the template to be installed and click Next.
- Read the license agreements and click Accept. Then click Next.
- Specify a provisioning format and storage policy, select the datastore on which the vApp files will be stored, and click Next.
For more information about provisioning formats, see About Virtual Disk Provisioning Policies in vSphere Virtual Machine Administration.
- In the Destination Network column, select the management network defined during preparation and click Next.
- On the Customize template page, enter a password for the
viouseraccount on the OpenStack Management Server.You can also expand the other properties and configure parameters for the OpenStack Management Server, NTP server, and syslog server.
- Once All properties have valid values is displayed in the upper left of the page, click Next.
- Verify that the vApp can bind to the vService and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, review your settings. When you are satisfied that the settings are correct, click Finish to install the vApp.
- Select vApps. and click
- Right-click the name of the VMware Integrated OpenStack vApp and select .
The vApp powers on and the VMware Integrated OpenStack icon appears in the main menu.
If the icon for VMware Integrated OpenStack does not appear, see Display the VMware Integrated OpenStack vApp.