You can roll back a VMware Integrated OpenStack patch if the upgrade failed or if you do not want to use the new version.
- Verify that you retained the snapshot of the OpenStack Management Server taken in vSphere before the patch.
- Verify that you retained the snapshot of your deployment taken with the viopatch utility. You can run sudo viopatch snapshot list to confirm whether viopatch has a snapshot of the nodes in your deployment.
- In the vSphere Client, revert the OpenStack Management Server to the previous snapshot.
- Log in to the OpenStack Management Server virtual machine and restart the OpenStack service.
sudo service oms restart
- Revert the deployment to the previous snapshot.
sudo viopatch snapshot revert
- On the vCenter Server virtual machine, stop the vSphere Client service, delete residual files, and restart the service.
service-control --stop vsphere-ui cd /etc/vmware/vsphere-ui/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/ rm -rf * cd /usr/lib/vmware-vsphere-client/server/work rm -rf * service-control --start vsphere-ui
- Log out of the vSphere Client and log back in.