The OpenStack Networking service component is a scalable system for managing network connectivity within your VMware Integrated OpenStack deployment. With the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard, you can quickly create logical networks.
- Log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard.
- Select the project from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
. The Networks page lists the networks that are currently configured.
- Click Create Network.
- On the Network tab, enter a name for the new network.
- (Optional) Select Admin State to have the network forward packets.
- Click Next.
- Configure the subnet.
Option Action Create Subnet Select to create a subnet. You do not have to specify a subnet when you create a network, but if you do not, attached instances receive an Error status. To create a network without a subnet, deselect Create Subnet. Subnet Name (Optional) Enter a name for the subnet. Network Address If you create a subnet associated with the new network, specify the IP address for the subnet using the CIDR format, for example, 192.168.0.0/24. IP Version Select IPv4 or IPv6 from the drop-down menu. Gateway IP Enter the IP address for a specific gateway. Disable Gateway (Optional) Select to disable a gateway IP address.
- Click Next to access the settings on the Subnet Detail tab.
- (Optional) if you selected the Create Subnet option on the previous tab, enter the subnet settings.
Option Description Enable DHCP (Optional) Select this option to enable DHCP. Consult with your network administrator. Allocation Pools Specify IP address pools for use by devices in the new network. DNS Name Servers Specify DNS servers for the new network. Host Routes Specify the IP address for the host routes.
- Click Create.
When you start a new instance, this network will be available.