Security groups are sets of IP filter rules that define networking access and are applied to all instances within a project. You can either modify the rules in the default security group or create a security group with custom rules.
- Log in to the VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboard.
- Select the project from the drop-down menu in the title bar.
- Select .
- Click the Security Groups tab.
- Click Create Security Group.
- Enter a name and description for the new group, and click Create Security Group.
The new group appears in the list on the Security Group tab.
- Configure the rules for the new group.
- Select the new security group and click Manage Rules.
- Click Add Rule.
- From the Rule drop-down menu, select the rule to add.
The subsequent fields might change depending on the rule you select.
- If applicable, specify Ingress or Egress from the Direction drop-down menu.
- After you complete the rule definition, click Add.
- Configure additional rules if necessary.
- Click the Access & Security tab to return to the main page.