VMware Integrated OpenStack is a distribution of OpenStack designed to run on a vSphere infrastructure.
VMware Integrated OpenStack makes use of your existing infrastructure for the hypervisor, networking, and storage components for OpenStack, simplifying installation and operations and offering better performance and stability.
VMware Integrated OpenStack offers a variety of unique features:
- vCenter Server cluster as the compute node for reduced management complexity
- Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) and Storage DRS for workload rebalancing and datastore load balancing
- vSphere high availability (HA) to protect and automatically restart workloads
- Support for importing vSphere virtual machines and templates into OpenStack
- Advanced networking functionality through NSX
- Integration with products such as vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Log Insight